100+ years old horse carriage wheels repair shop

The building, located in the corner of Asomaton and Tournavitou streets, was initially constructed in the late 1800s to early 1900s with the precise date being difficult to pinpoint. Initially the ground floor was developed as a horse carriage wheels repair shops, in line with the neighborhood activity, to facilitate the need as a logistics center. Note that traders would load their merchandise in the Thisio train station for it to be transported to the Piraeus port or pick up merchandise to transfer elsewhere.

Later on, around 1930, as the traders also needed a place to sleep, the owners expanded the building though construction of the upper levels which were used as an early type of hotel, offering accommodation to the tradesmen.

Around the 1970s the building was abandoned and has stayed vacant until we undertook its transformation.

Read more about OUR SOUL at “The transformation; three years in the making
 1
 2
 3
 4
 5
 6
 7